Double distillation aged for 12 months in french oak barrels
los amantes Añejo
Super Premium Mezcal
Aged for 24 months in french oak barrels, Los Amantes Anejo has aromas of tobacco, honey, roasted corn, cinnamon and pepper which lead to a smooth palate with woody flavors and lasting sweet nuances.
› Production details:
- NOM: 001
- Agave Source: Espadin, fully ripe (10 years) / Tlacolula Valley, Oaxaca
- Cooking: Traditional conic wood/volcanic stone ovens for 72 hrs.
- Milling: Traditional stone wheel process
- Water source: Natural spring (Tlacolula)
- Fermentation: Natural in wooden vats
- 1st Distillation: Stainless steel still
- 2nd Distillation: Copper still
- Barrels: French oak for 24 months
- Bottles: Green crystal with unique design
- Proof: 80 (40% ABV)
BTI (Beverage Testing Institute).
Platinum Medal / 96 Points